is a small business where nothing is wasted. It aims to manage woodlands in sustainable ways in order to:
- develop an economically sustainable business (using coppiced materials)
- regenerate and improve biodiversity of those woodlands
- encourage the social use of woodland
The main approach used is mixed broadleaf coppicing (specifically ‘coppicing with standards’, which preserves some larger trees within the coppice). As a consequence of using this method areas of the woodland are left at different stages of regrowth, providing habitats for a range of animals and plants.
Coppicing utilises and manages the natural regrowth of some tree species, cutting back in cycles of regrowth (3-40 years) small areas of woodlands, to provide material for production of greenwood crafts, charcoal and some wood fuel.
We provide the following services:
- Woodlandbased social and educational activities
We produce the following:
- Gates, hurdles, garden screens and fencing.
- Garden structures – furniture, archways, trellises etc.
- Pea and bean sticks, walking sticks
- Artist’s willow charcoal
- Biochar soil improver